Sunday, March 8, 2015

Cathedral of Lima (Peru, Lima)


One building that marked my life was the Cathedral of Lima. It is a beautiful building with a lot of religious significance. I personally love Cathedrals the way they are represented, the sculptures and every detail. It is beautiful from the inside and the outside. The to towers plus the bells are located at the far end of the front panorama while in the middle you'll find the central portal where there are columns and in the middle are the apostles guarding Jesus Christ.

I love this Cathedral from the outside to the inside. The doors, decorations, the inside main are shaped as the Franciscan cross, the roof and columns it give the Cathedral character. But it has it cons, you'll find crypts inside (down the ground); even though I found that amazing I feel is creepy. The purpose is to honor them, saints, priests and others.

It's a nice Cathedral with great history and architectural design.  


No comments:

Post a Comment