Saturday, March 14, 2015

Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium (Port Elizabeth, South Africa)

The Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium is a very different stadium from what I usually know as stadiums. You see it from far away and it looks like a circus tent or a fancy shopping place, mostly looks like anything except a soccer stadium.

I'll say it doesn't looks like a stadium because of the ceiling that gives a effect of a cap, tent, umbrella and that it's near the bay. But it is a Stadium and a very nice stadium, the ceiling style is "petals" giving it an aspect of a flower thats why it's known also as The Protea.

The ceiling is retractable from left to ride in a circulatory way. Thats some good technology and eye catching. The first time I went to the stadium was during the 2010 World Cup. My reaction was to take a picture of it, film it when it was opening and obviously a picture of me next to it. I was very impress, the inside was beautiful and well take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment